For almost two years, the World Trade Organization (WTO) has been kicking around a proposal to stop enforcing — that is, to allow the stealing of — all Covid-19 vaccine patents.
The folly of this proposal has been apparent since it was first put forward. Now, however, it’s under consideration for adoption at a WTO ministerial conference in Geneva next week. Trade officials should stop their mindless posturing and reject it before it does even more harm.
At every point in the fight against the coronavirus, strong intellectual property (IP) protections have been thoroughly vindicated. Now, it appears Mother Nature herself is making the same argument — through an international outbreak of monkeypox.
Before a few weeks ago, most Americans had probably never heard of monkeypox. Yet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now tracking its spread from central Africa to Canada, Europe, and the United States.
Luckily, vaccines are already available. Except luck had nothing to do with it.
- Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche forecasts total chaos within 2 months.
- Breyer retirement letter has no President name on it. – Opinions coming Thursday
- Chicago shoplifter gets folded up like a pretzel by jujitsu instructor
- Why Are They Still Pushing the Global Warming Hoax When We Have Real Problems to Take Care Of?
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Armstrong: Prepare for WWIII: The West NEEDS war because the entire financial system is collapsing
- What’s Happening to America’s Wealthiest Families Proves the Dollar Is Failing
- Things are going down in the Netherlands.
- 29-year-old trans woman beats 13-year-old girl to 1st place in NYC girl’s skateboarding contest
- PEDOPHILES ARE OFFICIALLY A PROTECTED CLASS IN AMERICA NOW