Last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced it will extend the federal eviction moratorium through October 3, 2021. It expired on August 1 before being renewed.
States also still have billions of dollars in rental relief to give out to tenants in need. So far, the relief process, which varies by state and in some cases locality, has been slow moving for many. The White House and housing advocates say that extending the moratorium should give states time to finally disburse the rental relief to tenants and landlords.
A 15% increase in maximum benefits for recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits is still set to expire after Sept. 30.
The Department of Education (DOE) announced Friday that federal student loan payments will continue to be paused until after January 2022. Borrowers have had the option to forego their monthly payments since March 2020 without interest accruing on their debt.
Payments were originally set to resume in October. This will be the final extension of the payment pause, the DOE said.
“The Department believes this additional time and a definitive end date will allow borrowers to plan for the resumption of payments and reduce the risk of delinquency and defaults after restart,” DOE said in a press release.
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once
- Just wow! Elon is losing it bigly.
- Scott Adams: “It’s Going TOO FAR; I’m DANGEROUS Now; I’m Going to HATE You; White Men Are F…ING DONE” (GRAPHIC)
- 186 More Banks “Are At Risk Of Failure”, And That Could Push Us Into The Next Great Depression
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- WTF is up with Boot Club & Blackeyes?
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami