In this time of great tumult in America, a growing phenomenon is not only head-spinningly bizarre, but also offers a valuable clue as to what is really going on in our troubled nation. Consider:
- The presidential candidate who actually “colluded with the Russians” for years, including during the 2016 election, feigns innocence while her party accuses the other candidate – utterly without evidence – of selling out America to Vladimir Putin.
- The political party that is totally obsessed with race, which insists on hiring and promoting – and excluding and discriminating against – people solely on the basis of their skin color, accuses those who embrace a color-blind America of being “racists.”
- The same political party, which gave us the “sexual revolution” and unrestricted abortion, including late-term and sex-selective abortion – and whose ideology is entirely rooted in moral relativism and the abandonment of Judeo-Christian morality – now tells President Trump he’s “immoral” for wanting to build a wall.
- The most blatantly fascist group in America – calling itself Antifa, short for anti-fascist – attacks genuine anti-fascists while calling them “fascists.”
You get the idea. It’s called projection.
In psychology, projection is just one of many defense mechanisms people unconsciously employ to avoid facing uncomfortable feelings within themselves – by ascribing these unpleasant qualities to another person.
But in today’s political and cultural battles, projection is a tactic of all-out warfare.
The plain truth is, on issue after issue, one side in the raging war over America’s future is literally accusing the other side of the very attitudes, offenses and crimes of which it itself is guilty.
This phenomenon of political projection in America has rarely if ever been seriously explored, but the January issue of WND’s acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine tackles it head-on, in a groundbreaking issue titled “MASTERS OF PROJECTION: How today’s Democrats accuse their opponents of the very evil they perpetrate.”
Highlights of “MASTERS OF PROJECTION” include:
- “Democrats and the dark art of projection: Why those on the left accuse their opponents of the evil they do” by David Kupelian
- “The left will make 2019 a dark year: It will use the levers of government to keep the American people in a constant state of agitation” by Dennis Prager
- “Why it’s immoral NOT to build the wall: Democrats’ warped reality and hatred of national borders threatens the sovereignty and safety of all Americans” by Joseph Farah
- “Exploding the left’s ‘Big Lie’ about Trump and the GOP: As usual, the truth is 180 degrees opposite to what progressive academics have told us” by Dinesh D’Souza
- “Study: ‘Projection’ plays important role in totalitarian, fascist regimes”
- “Today’s ‘anti-fascists’ are exactly the opposite of what they claim: They dress like fascists, act like fascists, have the same intolerance” by Greg Corombos
- “Democrats’ tenuous grasp of morality: The party whose policies have ushered in widespread depravity now calls Trump ‘immoral’” by Laura Hollis
- “Pretending jihad is America’s fault – and Muslims the ‘real victims’: How progressivism and Islamic supremacism have joined forces to seduce and devour the West” by Jamie Glazov
- “Deniers of Islamic jihad paint peaceful Americans as ‘jihadists’ and ‘terrorists’” by David Kupelian
- “That giant liberty-sucking sound from the left: While smearing others as ‘intolerant,’ their own intolerance has exploded into naked totalitarianism” by David Limbaugh
- “The worst enemy of black people” by Walter Williams, on Malcolm X’s teaching that “Our problems will never be solved by the white man”
- “Leftist contempt for middle-class values: They do not consider themselves bound by the normal conventions of civics and decency” by Dennis Prager.
“After 20 years of producing Whistleblower magazine for WND,” says best-selling author and WND Managing Editor David Kupelian, “this has turned out to be one of my favorite issues. It’s smart, original, and it shines a fresh new light on the vexing political and cultural wars now ravaging our nation. On issues from ‘Russia collusion’ to racism, and from tolerance to voter fraud, we document how the left literally accuses others of their own misdeeds.”