The Select Committee to Investigate the Jan. 6 Attack voted on Tuesday evening to advance a contempt report against former President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon for defying their subpoena for information “critical” to their probe.
The Committee’s chair, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D‑Miss.), cast the proceedings as solemn.
“Let me start by saying that it gives me no joy that I’ve been forced to call this meeting,” Thompson began.
Following brief opening remarks in a meeting that lasted roughly 30 minutes, the committee voted unanimously in favor of the contempt report, by a 9–0 margin.
“We won’t be deterred,” Thompson declared. “We won’t be distracted. We won’t be delayed.”
Released on Monday evening, the committee’s report extensively quotes Bannon predicting the melee greeting the congressional certification of President Joe Biden’s electoral victory to his podcast listeners the day before the siege of the U.S. Capitol.
“All hell is going to break loose tomorrow,” Bannon declared on his podcast “War Room” on Jan. 5.
The committee’s vice chair, Rep. Liz Cheney (R‑Wyo.), quoted that remark by Bannon.
“You all know that there is no evidence of widespread election fraud sufficient to change the results of the election,” Cheney said, addressing her Republican colleagues.
“In short, Mr. Bannon appears to have played a multi-faceted role in the events of January 6th, and the American people are entitled to hear his first-hand testimony regarding his actions,” the contempt report states. “The Select Committee expects that such testimony will be directly relevant to its report and recommendations for legislative and other action.”
- This is the Beginning of a Massive Story
- KanYe Proved on Alex Jones Show That WW2 History is Trauma Based Indoctrination
- Food Products Are Now 125% More Expensive At Walmart
- “Baal-enci-aga” Literally Means “Baal The King”
- LOL! This is how Qatari TV reacted to Germany’s World Cup exit…
- Why the Media Is Desperately Hiding the Truth About the Economy
- I Think They Will Kill KanYe After Yesterday’s Appearance on Alex Jones Show
- Here’s the most important takeaway from TwitterGate
- 10 Big Retail Stores That Will Disappear In The Months Ahead
- The next Great Financial Crisis is slouching closer