by: Zoey Sky
(Natural News) Herbs are often used to enhance the flavor of various dishes, but some of them, such as rosemary or thyme, contain beneficial compounds that can eliminate certain microbes. But did you know that you can also combine these herbs to make a natural antibiotic that can help fight various infections?
Natural remedies are often better than conventional antibiotics
Most people take prescription antibiotics when they’re sick because they believe that they can recover faster. However, conventional medicine may also eliminate beneficial bacteria in your system along with the “bad” bacteria. Antibiotics weaken your immune system, which isn’t exactly the effect you need when you’re already ill.
Instead of taking antibiotics, which are linked to negative side effects, take this DIY natural antibiotic to recover from a cold or a bacterial infection.
The recipe for this DIY natural antibiotic includes five ingredients and herbs with potent antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has acetic acid which can help eliminate microbes like E. coli and salmonella. Apple cider vinegar can also get rid of harmful intestinal bacteria. ACV possesses antibiotic and antiseptic properties, and it can also be used to naturally manage your weight. Additionally, ACV can help lower cholesterol and cancer risk.
- Garlic – Garlic has allicin, a potent compound that can eliminate different strains of antibiotic-resistant bacteria like E. coli. Allicin can also help prevent fungal and yeast infections like candida. Garlic is a superfood with antibiotic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic, and anti-viral properties. It also contains different minerals, nutrients, and vitamins.
- Ginger – Ginger can help relieve an upset stomach. It also has compounds that can fight strong pathogens like salmonella. (Related: Your basic homemade medicines: 10 tinctures to keep in stock.)
- Rosemary – Rosemary is a fragrant herb with antimicrobial compounds. The herb contains flavonoids from rosmarinic acid that can help prevent different fungal infections.
- Thyme – Thyme has powerful chemical antibacterial compounds, such as thymol, that are proven to be effective against powerful microbes like E. coli and salmonella.
Recipe for a DIY natural antibiotic
Follow the recipe below to make a natural antibiotic that won’t eliminate the good bacteria in your body. It will take less than 15 minutes, or five minutes for cooking and 10 minutes for prepping, to whip up this natural remedy.
- Glass dropper bottle
- Glass jar with lid
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves (chopped)
- Once you chop the garlic, let it sit for at least 10 minutes to release more allicin, the compound that gives the herb antibacterial and healing properties.
- After 10 minutes, add all of the herbs to the glass jar.
- Fill the jar with apple cider vinegar.
- Place the lid on the jar. Check to see if the jar is tightly sealed, then gently shake the contents.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place, like a cabinet.
- Check the jar and shake it at least once a day for six weeks.
- After six weeks, use a strainer to remove the particles in the tincture then store it in a glass dropper bottle.
If you feel like you’re about to come down with a cold, get a dropper-full of this natural antibiotic and add it to a glass of water. Mix well, then drink the mixture thrice a day until you feel better.
You can also use this DIY natural remedy to cure a strep throat, a urinary tract infection (UTI), or other bacterial infections.
Read more articles about other herbal remedies for various illnesses at NaturalCures.news.
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 239 views