by Dr. Eowyn
Washoe County in the state of Nevada provides “sanctuary” to illegal aliens.
Citing a Las Vegas Review-Journal article that requires a subscription to read, John Binder reports for Breitbart that a sizeable number of inmates in Nevada’s prison population — as many as 1-in-14 inmates — are illegal aliens:
- The illegal-alien inmates number about 1,000.
- About 200 of those illegal-alien inmates had previously been convicted of crimes in the U.S. but were never deported, or had committed crimes after reentering the country for at least a second time.
- Nearly half of the illegal-alien inmates population were convicted of violent crimes against Americans, including:
- 150 illegal aliens convicted of murder, manslaughter, or attempted murder.
- 320 illegal aliens convicted of sexual assault, including 240 child sex offenders.
COSTS TO TAXPAYERS:
- Those illegal-alien inmates cost Nevada’s taxpayers more than $21 million every year. The average cost to taxpayers to house an inmate in Nevada is about $22,000 a year, with the Department of Justice reimbursing only a small amount of the cost.
- In 2017, the Justice Department — that is, American taxpayers — reimbursed local and state prisons across the U.S. almost $190 million to help offset the costs of incarcerating illegal aliens.
- Criminal foreigners in federal prisons cost American taxpayers about $1.4 billion every year.
Between Fiscal Year 2011 and 2016, about 91% of all criminal illegal and legal immigrants in federal U.S. prisons were nationals from 5 Latin American countries: Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Colombia, and Guatemala.