Kitco News, Released on 9/30/21
Steve Hanke, professor of Applied Economics at Johns Hopkins University, discusses with David Lin, anchor for Kitco News, the possibility of the U.S. Treasury minting a platinum coin with a face value of $1 trillion and use that to buy existing federal debt.
0:00 – $1 trillion platinum coin
12:04 – Debt ceiling
14:20 – Can government default on debt
17:26 – Gold sentiment
Steve Hanke is an American applied economist at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. He is also a senior fellow and director of the Troubled Currencies Project at the libertarian Cato Institute in Washington, DC, and co-director of the Johns Hopkins University’s Institute for Applied Economics, Global Health, and the Study of Business Enterprise in Baltimore, Maryland. Hanke is known for his work as a currency reformer in emerging-market countries. He was a senior economist with President Ronald Reagan’s Council of Economic Advisers from 1981 to 1982, and has served as an adviser to heads of state in countries throughout Asia, South America, Europe, and the Middle East. He is also known for his work on currency boards, dollarization, hyperinflation, water pricing and demand, benefit-cost analysis, privatization, and other topics in applied economics. Hanke has written extensively as a columnist for Forbes magazine and other publications. He is also a currency and commodity trader.
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once
- Just wow! Elon is losing it bigly.
- Scott Adams: “It’s Going TOO FAR; I’m DANGEROUS Now; I’m Going to HATE You; White Men Are F…ING DONE” (GRAPHIC)
- 186 More Banks “Are At Risk Of Failure”, And That Could Push Us Into The Next Great Depression
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- WTF is up with Boot Club & Blackeyes?
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami