After Giving the Military a 2.1% Pay Raise in 6.3% inflation last year, Biden & Democrats Plan to Give the Military a 4.6% Pay Raise in 8.5% Inflation This Year: Representing a Pay Cut of over 8%

Sharing is Caring!

At least a 4.6% pay increase for service members is looking more likely as the House Armed Services Military Personnel Subcommittee approved its markup for the 2023 defense authorization bill.

The raise could be a floor though, considering the current inflation rates and housing markets. While the markup officially has the president’s requested 4.6% bump in it, House Armed Services Committee staff said that’s not necessarily set in stone.

“We’re certainly concerned about inflation,” a staff member said. “We’ll continue to look at that. I think right now, our understanding is 4.6% is what we have. Until we make it further congressional action on this, we don’t know if we will or not, but 4.6% is the pay to pay raise the pay increase right now.”

See also  “I find it ironic that the Biden Administration is now blaming oil companies for producing less oil when this was an explicit policy aim”

Some service members are already having issues with pay. Last year, Congress passed a law allowing the Defense Department to implement a basic needs allowance for troops who were food insecure. A Blue Star Families survey also found that more than three-quarters of service members are paying more than $200 out-of-pocket for housing after their basic allowance for housing (BAH) benefit.

federalnewsnetwork.com/congress/2022/06/house-panel-sticks-with-4-6-military-pay-raise-but-that-could-change/

Help Support Independent Media, Please Donate or Subscribe:
Trending:
See also  Almost 60% of Americans blame Biden for inflation. MEANING THE OTHER 40% ARE RETARDED

Views: 81

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.