- UK Ambassador to Iran Rob Macaire arrested tonight in Tehran for allegedly ‘directing radical actions’
- Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab hit out at Iran over the ‘flagrant violation of international law’
- Demanded that the country make a choice between becoming a ‘pariah’ state or to ‘deescalate tensions’
- Protests broke out at four universities in Tehran on Saturday after admitting accidentally downing plane
- Angry crowds demanded the Ayatollah’s resignation and full investigation into the disaster
- But regime forces cracked down hard on the demonstrators, firing tear gas into the crowds
- Donald Trump has tweeted his support for ‘long-suffering’ Iranians, saying his administration is on their side
The Foreign Office has hit out at Iran for a ‘flagrant violation of international law’ after the UK ambassador to the country was arrested during a protest in the capital Tehran.
Diplomat Rob Macaire was present during demonstrations against Ayatollah Khamenei in front of Tehran’s Amir Kabir University and was arrested after allegedly ‘organising, provoking and directing radical actions’, according to local reports.
Thousands had gathered to demand the supreme leader’s resignation after his regime admitted it had mistakenly shot down a civilian passenger plane during retaliation against the US’ assassination of Qasem Soleimani.
Mr Macaire, a diplomat with 30 years experience, was released following more than an hour in detention.
In a strongly worded statement, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab warned Iran that it needed to make a choice between becoming a ‘pariah’ state or to ‘deescalate tensions’ with the west.
‘The arrest of our Ambassador in Tehran without grounds or explanation is a flagrant violation of international law. The Iranian government is at a cross-roads moment,’ said Mr Raab.
- Biden Just Politicized 401(k)s
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Fauci Admits: ‘I Got My 2nd Vax Yesterday, & I Feel Like Sh*t Today!’
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Miami Beach braces for new spring break chaos after 2 murders in 36 hours
- US Authorities Weigh Expansion of Emergency Lending Facility Amid Banking Crisis
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- IRAN WAR is about to start
- FRENCH GONE WILD – Let’s have some wine while…