As airlines boast of recovery, they’re also cancelling quite a lot of flights. Or, as United Airlines recently announced, turning some non-stop flights into one-stops.
Which all leads me to the pilots at American Airlines.
They’re suggesting that things are crumbling somewhat. No, they’re not doing it with the odd tweet here and the odd press release there.
Instead, the pilots union created a little film that reveals what they see as their own airline’s great mess.
An experienced male pilot meets up with the younger female co-pilot who’ll be joining him in the cockpit.
She’s enthusiastic. He’s as cheerful as your average Oakland A’s fan.
“Scheduling called you yet?” he snorts.
It seems they hadn’t. The pilot informs his co-pilot: “Well, we’ve got a schedule change.” This, he says, will work them both into their days off.
It’s ruined his family’s plans. His kids have got used to “this sort of thing.”
“By the way,” says the newer pilot. “Do we have a hotel assignment yet?”
“No, we’re going to have to call the hotel desk ourselves,” says Captain Weary.
He continues: “It didn’t used to be this way, and it should never have gotten to this point.”
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB
- Deadly Fungus Spreading Rapidly Through Hospitals
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Sending Depleted Uranium Munitions To Ukraine Is A War Crime Against The Ukrainian People
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Literally 20+ media taking images of two people