By Gabrielle Seunagal
It appears as though Democratic leaders are determined to exhaust every option as a means of removing President Trump from his rightful place in office. A House Democrat recently introduced a piece of new legislation which would amend the Constitution and make the removal of Presidents considerably easier and less secure. On Monday, Earl Blumenauer asserted that the current steps to remove an unfit President from office are ineffective.
Many people are unaware of how the impeachment process works in America. When a President is deemed as inadequate to serve, charges of conduct are required to be filed. Afterwards, there has to be a majority vote in the House of Representatives. When the Senate tries the case, a 66% vote is required to convict the President and subsequently “fire” him from office. Apparently, the current process that has been in place for decades is not enough to satisfy Blumenauer. His argument states that emotional and mental incapacity are not covered in cases of grounds for impeachment, despite the fact that the Vice President and majority of Cabinet officers can declare the President as unfit to serve.
According to Blumenauer, in a hypothetical situation, the “mentally or emotionally incapable” President could simply fire all of the members of the Cabinet to avoid impeachment. He continued, stating that Cabinet members could hold a potential bias in favor of the President since they answer to him. Blumenauer asserted that “strengthening” the 25th Amendment would be in America’s best interests, but in reality, he has his own agenda.
Blumenauer’s call to revise and revisit the 25th Amendment is nothing more than a ploy and a stretch to impeach a President who is not guilty of any crimes. What Blumenauer and a plethora of other Democrats fail to understand is that disliking the policies or mannerisms of the 45th President is not grounds for him to be removed from office. As long as the Left fails to come to terms with this reality, they will continue to lose elections.
- A large fire is spreading from a pallet yard behind the US Foods distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona
- War Is Over But They Won’t Tell You
- Madison Cawthorn Kicked Out of Congress for Blowing the Whistle on GOP Orgies and Calling Out Zelensky
- UK Gas Up 96%…. JPMorgan Sees Gas Prices Hitting $6.20 By August In US
- Agent Fang Fang goes down in China crash
- IT HAS BEGUN. THEY ARE HUNTING THE RICH. FOOD RIOTS ACROSS OUR WORLD HAVE STARTED
- UTTER CARNAGE: The Stock Market Is Coming Apart Like A 20 Dollar Suit As Fear Sweeps Through Wall Street
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition Now Features an Obese Woman
- A “Smallpox-Like Virus” Has Now Spread To Spain, Portugal And The United States
- Canada: Kindergarteners Given Homework About Jerking Off