French fashion tycoon Bernard Arnault is the world’s richest person this Monday morning, with an estimated net worth of $186.3 billion—putting him $300 million above Jeff Bezos, who is worth $186 billion, and Elon Musk, worth $147.3 billion.
Arnault’s fortune has jumped from $76 billion in March 2020 to $186.3 billion on Monday, a massive rise of over $110 billion in the past 14 months, thanks to a pandemic-defying performance by his luxury group LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy).
LVMH, which also owns household names like Fendi, Christian Dior and Givenchy, rose 0.4% during the first hours of trading on Monday, putting its market cap at $320 billion and pushing Arnault’s personal stake up by more than $600 million.
- Bernard Arnault’s net worth reportedly climbed to $186.3billion early on Monday
- He overtook Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos as world’s richest man by just $300million
- His luxury firm LVMH rose 0.4%, pushing his stake up by more than $600million
- Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton owns Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Dior and Givenchy
- It comes a week after Arnault, 72, overtook Elon Musk for the second place