(CNSNews.com) – After President Biden in a statement Thursday decried the closure of a Hong Kong newspaper targeted for its criticism of Beijing, the editor of a Chinese state media outlet posted jeering tweets referring to President Trump’s ejection from Twitter.
Global Times editor-in-chief Hu Xijian suggested that Twitter’s decision to permanently suspend Trump’s account following the January 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol was a case of official government censorship rather than the highly-contentious decision of a private company.
Responding to Biden’s criticism of China over the closure of Hong Kong’s Apple Daily tabloid, Hu tweeted, “What about Trump’s twitter account? What about Parler? Trump and his supporters have the right to freedom of expression. Instead, Washington is denying basic liberties and assaulting democratic institutions and processes, inconsistent with its international obligations.”
In an earlier tweet Thursday, Hu said, “Those who lament closure of Apple Daily today, please also call on Twitter to reinstate Trump’s account. Otherwise, what you show is not defense of press freedom, but inconsistent logic and insufficient wisdom.”
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- Europe Now Talking About Mobile Phone Network Blackouts
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- India Banks SHUTDOWN For 20 Days
- Putin Annexation Speech (Paraphrased) After Winning in Ukraine
- The Fed Tries and Fails to Hide This Brutal Reality
- There are so many market indicators that we are heading towards a major financial crisis
- This is what’s happening in Democrat run cities. (GRAPHIC)
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!