President Joe Biden has pushed a series of policies and executive actions to lower gasoline prices, but has yet to back boosting domestic oil production.
The president called on Congress Wednesday to implement a three-month gas tax holiday which would reduce pump prices by 18 cents a gallon and diesel fuel prices by 24 cents per gallon. Pushing a temporary gas tax pause is Biden’s latest attempt to address gasoline prices which remain near all-time highs, according to AAA data.
“President Biden understands that a gas tax holiday alone will not, on its own, relieve the run up in costs that we’ve seen,” the White House said in an announcement. “But the President believes that at this unique moment when the war in Ukraine is imposing costs on American families, Congress should do what it can to provide working families breathing room.”
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Liz Cheney is gonna get smoked by this woman…
- Democrats don’t want to hear it, but this needed to happen…
- Are You Willing To Suffer Through A Recession For The Good Of “The Liberal World Order”?
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices
- Zelensky Orders NATO to Pay $5 Billion a Month to Cover Costs of Pretending There’s a Chance to Win
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably