Bitcoin tumbled 20% from record highs notched earlier this month as a new variant of the coronavirus spurred traders to dump risk assets across the globe.
The world’s largest cryptocurrency fell as much as 8.9% to $53,624 on Friday during London trading hours. Ethereum, the second-largest digital currency, dropped more than 12%, while the wider Bloomberg Galaxy Crypto Index declined as much as 7.5%. On the other hand, gold rose as cryptos fell, then retreated as cryptos rebounded.
A new variant identified in southern Africa spurred liquidations across markets, with European stocks falling the most since July and emerging markets also slumping.
The Dow is down almost a thousand points … and look at Europe!
The 10-year Treasury yield is down 13.4 basis points. Most of Europe is down almost 10 basis points while the UK is down 14.4 BPS.
And West Texas Intermediate crude futures are down 8.42%. No Jen Paski, this isn’t due to Cousin Eddie (Biden) releasing the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR).
Maybe it was all the tryptophan released by eating turkey.
- You Will Be Shocked By How Much Money Is Being Pulled Out Of U.S. Banks, And Now The Biggest Bank In Germany Is In Trouble
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- Weird war in Ukraine …
- Walls are Closing In for Alvin Bragg. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for his arrest
- Mexico ready for war against America, as 500,000 march in support of Mexican sovereignty/military intervention
- Rothschilds took their bank private by paying out all shareholders a 28% bonus to get it done as fast as possible a few weeks before the crisis
- Hell is breaking loose in Israel
- This is how awesome Real Estate investments are in hyperinflation – Weimar example
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Germany on STRIKE – Largest strike in decades – No public transport, railroads, airports….everything!