It may be beer-time somewhere, but you won’t see one Boston-area mayor sipping on a Massachusetts staple anytime soon.
The mayor of Somerville, Massachusetts, Joseph Curtatone, is boycotting Sam Adams after co-founder Jim Koch praised President Trump’s tax cut plan at a dinner in New Jersey last week, saying it allows his Boston Beer Company to compete with foreign breweries.
Apparently that was enough for Curtatone to abstain from sipping a brew from one of America’s largest microbrewers. Curtone tweeted on Sunday that he “will never drink Sam Adam’s beer again!”
The mayor also tweeted that “We need to hold these complicit profiteers of Trump’s white nationalist agenda accountable,” and asked Koch whether he brought up immigration policy.
Hey Jim Koch! While you were thanking Trump for your tax break, did you happen to express any concern for the families separated under his cruel and inhumane immigration enforcement policy? @SamuelAdamsBeer t.co/UCywb9I7xE
— Joseph A. Curtatone (@JoeCurtatone) August 12, 2018
- This Is The Real Reason Why They Raided Mar-a-Lago
- Congressional Republicans, Like Democrats, Want Trump Out Of The Picture Because They Are Both Bought And Paid For By The Same Tribe
- The U.S. Government: The Information Is Classified as Above Top Secret, We Can’t Name the Agencies Involved
- This Is How Globo Homo Works
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Are We Witnessing The Collapse Of America’s System Of Government?
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The Government Is Hiding a Serious Economic Secret
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Fed-created wild drooling “investors” have learned nothing & huge comeuppance is ahead. The version 2.0 of The Big Short begins…