In a large warehouse-like room, two humanoid robots embark on an obstacle course. Their barrel-shaped torsos, stuffed with processors and batteries, make it look like they go to the gym a lot but neglected the leg day. They run and jump, up and down boulders and inclined steps much like the qualifying round of the American Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course Show. We run along a beam and then, later, we fly over it. For the final, they position themselves at opposite corners of a table and perform two synchronized back flips. With their feet on the ground, they celebrate: one brushes his shoulders, the other raises his arms in triumph. Neither, of course, sweated.
This is a parkour showcase from robotics company Boston Dynamics, demonstrating the capabilities of its Atlas model. Like a gymnastic routine, the sequence of movements is here entirely choreographed, programmed by a team of engineers. The fluidity of movement makes the robots seem like digital animations, like something out of a movie: what we are watching is a simulation of human movement, modeled and designed on computers. It’s just that instead of CGI cartoon characters fooling our brains into moving 24 frames per second, these robots tumble through physical reality.
- Deutsche Bank Is On The Brink Of Collapse: Get Prepared For The Next Lehman Brothers Moment
- The Truth About the Uprising in Israel
- Hillary Clinton leaked emails reason to get rid of Gadaffi
- The recession is here, the market crash is next.
- Shocking Biden hot-mic reveals how handlers program his every move WATCH. Yes, this is 100% real.
- Forget the Global Collapse. Be Mad at Trump and Putin Instead.
- The Most Common Lie Used to Justify Third World Immigration Was That It Would “Improve” Western Economies
- Woman beats herself with hammer to frame boyfriend for abusing her and it worked until her friend released this footage…
- Trans terrorist kills Christian kids. Media:
- The ‘Trans Resistance Network’ has released a statement that Audrey Hale is the real victim in the Christian school shooting