Japan will lift emergency coronavirus measures across the board at the end of this week, amid a dramatic fall in cases and rapid progress in its vaccination rollout.
The prime minister, Yoshihide Suga, said restrictions in 27 of Japan’s 47 prefectures would end on Thursday.
But bars and restaurants may not immediately return to business as usual, as experts warned that complacency could spark another wave of infections this winter.
“Lifting of the emergency doesn’t mean we are 100% free,” said Shigeru Omi, the government’s top medical adviser. “The government should send a clear message to the people that we can only relax gradually.”
It will be the first time since early April that none of Japan’s 47 prefectures is subject to emergency restrictions.
- “You would have a far-Right government in every country in Europe”
- Another domino is starting to fall…
- US Now Lone Suspect in Nord Stream Pipe Bombing
- Fact checkers are quick on damage control for Project Veritas video. He was literally talking about directed evolution of COVID-19. How in the hell is that not clear enough for you?
- The Food Supply is Contaminated With SPIKE PROTEINS
- The Covid Op Was the Catalyst That Propelled the Entire World Into a Soon Fully Digitized Surveillance State
- Have You Heard Of The “Tradwife Movement”?
- This is EXACTLY how they will take away the CASH. So easy it’s RIDICULOUS.
- The Russians are Going to Break Through Bakhmut
- Woman “forgives” her mothers killer, visits him in jail. Upon release woman gives him a job at the decease mothers house and is quickly killed too.