President Joe Biden has unveiled a plan that includes funding more police to combat a nationwide surge in homicides, which he blamed on lax gun control.
He said officials in high crime areas can hire more law-enforcement personnel using coronavirus relief funding.
Mr Biden’s crime-fighting strategy calls for curtailing rogue gun dealers and firearms trafficking.
Republicans are depicting Mr Biden’s Democrats as weak on crime, amid calls by left-wingers to defund the police.
Announcing his five-point strategy at the White House on Wednesday, the president urged cities and states to use $350bn (£250bn) of funding from a Covid-19 relief bill on public safety efforts, including adding more police officers, even beyond pre-pandemic levels.
“It means more police officers, more nurses, more counsellors, more social workers or community violence interrupters to help resolve issues before they escalate into crimes,” the president said.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- Europe Now Talking About Mobile Phone Network Blackouts
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- India Banks SHUTDOWN For 20 Days
- Putin Annexation Speech (Paraphrased) After Winning in Ukraine
- The Fed Tries and Fails to Hide This Brutal Reality
- There are so many market indicators that we are heading towards a major financial crisis
- This is what’s happening in Democrat run cities. (GRAPHIC)
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!