by Ian Shilling
Democracy, US style:
1. Declare any election result you do not like, anywhere in the world, as invalid.
2. Blithely ignore international observers saying it was perfectly fair and more safe from fraud than any American national election ever was, see e.g. Florida in 2000 and 2004, or Broward County or Detroit in 2016.
3. Declare a vaguely elected but almost unknown official the “New President”, disregarding what the millions of indigenous voters who voted only 8 months ago, might think.
4. Reassign all assets of the usurped State located in the US to the designated Usurper / Coup Leader groomed by the US for 10 years “New President”, turning a blind eye to any siphoning off he might get up to in the meanwhile.
5. Use those confiscated assets, and the revenues they generate, to finance a guerilla army to fight the now very pissed off supporters of the legitimate and democratically elected President you just usurped.
6. Get the New President to hand over the oil companies (and anything else of value) in the usurped country, to US Corporations at way below market rates.
Just imagine the world:
1. Declaring Bernie Sanders to be US President.
2. Freezing the assets of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citigroup, Amazon, Apple, Exxon Mobil, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics and Halliburton.
3. Transferring control of the bank accounts of the above Corporations to Bernie Sanders to help finance the new Sanders government.
4. Transferring share ownership from all American investors in American Corporations, to international investors at 30% below par as the sweetener to foreigners for choosing Sanders as President.
5. The new foreign shareholders to appoint foreign CEOs to look after their now foreign owned interests.
6. Transfer all American owned oil refineries to foreign ownership. Ensure American oil companies have to sell their American oil to these now foreign owned refineries at way below market rate. The foreign owned refineries can then make bigger profits, their foreign CEOs can claim bigger bonuses and foreigners can get bigger dividends on their new American shareholdings.
Think the UN would vote in favor of that?
A reminder that American Foreign Policy has nothing whatsoever to do with spreading “Freedom and Democracy” – quite the reverse.