Did they ever submit a list to obama?
The senators outlined five specific requirements a deal with the dictatorship must meet in order to gain their support, and promised to use congressional power to block any deal that does not meet those requirements:
1. The deal must include the dismantlement and removal of all nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons from North Korea.
2. The U.S. must ensure a “complete and verifiable denuclearization of North Korea,” removing all items related to nuclear-weapons production to prevent the country from reversing course.
3. North Korea must end its ballistic-missile program as well.
4. North Korea must comply with “anywhere, anytime” inspections to ensure it is not cheating on the deal, and sanctions must be immediately restored if it does cheat.
5. The deal must be permanent.
The demands laid out by Schumer and other Democrats who signed onto the letter nearly mirror the provisions that President Trump has said must be a part of a similar agreement with Iran.
He left an international accord with Tehran last month because it did not live up to those standards.
And this is how Dem “deals” pan out…..
Khamenei orders uranium enrichment preparations as Iran nuclear deal frays
Iran’s supreme leader has ordered preparations to begin to increase uranium enrichment, ramping up pressure on European states struggling to keep the Islamic Republic in a nuclear accord.
“The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran is duty-bound to prepare the ground for achieving 190 thousand SWUs,” Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei was quoted saying by Iranian state media, referring to a measure of uranium enrichment capacity.
”We want to make sure the president’s desire for a deal with North Korea doesn’t saddle the United States, [South] Korea and Japan with a bad deal,”
Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Monday.
“The president needs to be willing to walk away from the table if there isn’t a deal to be had.”
OMG, the irony is astounding……..
Did they blindly follow obama?
Congressional Democrats have given their cautious blessing to the talks, while expressing deep concerns that Trump may be too keen on reaching a deal to make certain that it achieves the results the United States wants.
And they thought releasing terrorists and delivering pallets of cash in the dead of night was good negotiating and on course?
Trump will screw with the Dems just to have their heads explode, lol.
Democrats said Monday that the stakes of the potential talks with North Korea are far higher than those with Iran, which “did not have nuclear weapons or a functional ICBM,” Schumer noted, referring to an intercontinental ballistic missile.
“North Korea has both,” he said.
Schumer also warned that Democrats would be watching the progress of negotiations to see that their principles are met, adding that “if we think that the president is veering off course, we would not hesitate to move” to increase mandatory sanctions against North Korea or otherwise make it impossible for the president to use his waiver authority.”
Schumer suggested that Republicans would join Democrats in any effort to restrain the president if it appears he is moving too swiftly toward a bad deal.
- The tables are turning: Twitter is cleaning the house… Banning dangerous Leftists
- BIDEN MEDIA IS LYING TO YOU – No one is spending a dime, inflation at all time high, China dumping dollar, black Friday bust!
- The Dollar is Dying in Ways Most People Don’t Understand and I’ll Explain Why
- Why is Klaus Schwab Sucking up to China?
- China may have ‘passed the point of no return’ as Covid infections soar. Government has changed all protestors Covid QR codes to RED. Effectively locking them down.
- Why Are Large Groups Of Animals, Insects And Birds Suddenly Walking In Circles All Over The Globe?
- Supreme Court Case to Remove Biden On Docket. Finally Justice? Or is America Dead?
- The theme of 2023 will be deflation, as frugality is already coming back into style with a vengeance for the middle class. Meanwhile, investor FOMO is about to explode with extreme dislocation
- Americans Don’t Want to Join the Military Anymore
- New Visa Card Features Personal Carbon Emissions Tracker, M.O.B. Begins