Congressman Devin Nunes is suing MSNBC after alleging “spiteful” host Rachel Maddow repeatedly smeared him on air by accusing him of treason and obstruction of justice. The California Republican, 47 filed the defamation lawsuit in Texas on Tuesday. He claims Maddow and MSNBC have shown “hostility, hatred, extreme bias, spite and ill-will” in their coverage of him, the suit says.
Nunes argues he’s being targeted because he has emerged as “the most prominent skeptic in Congress of Maddow’s marquee news narrative from 2017 to 2019: that the Trump campaign colluded with Russians to hack the 2016 presidential elections.”
In the lawsuit, Nunes specifically took issue with comments Maddow made during her March 18 show where she claimed the Congressman had refused to hand a package he’d received from a suspected Russian agent to the FBI — a claim he refutes.
“Congressman Nunes has refused to answer questions about what he received from Andriy Derkach. He has refused to show the contents of the package to other members of the intelligence community,” Maddow said on air, according to the suit.
Nunes says Maddow’s on-air statements falsely accuse him of treason and obstruction of justice, adding that they were “republished millions of times on the Internet and via social media” after she tweeted them.
Maddow tweeted at the time: “How do Republicans keep Devin Nunes on as the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee given his unexplained interactions with Andriy Derkach?”
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- You Will Be Shocked By How Much Money Is Being Pulled Out Of U.S. Banks, And Now The Biggest Bank In Germany Is In Trouble
- Weird war in Ukraine …
- This is how awesome Real Estate investments are in hyperinflation – Weimar example
- Walls are Closing In for Alvin Bragg. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for his arrest
- Mexico ready for war against America, as 500,000 march in support of Mexican sovereignty/military intervention
- Germany on STRIKE – Largest strike in decades – No public transport, railroads, airports….everything!
- This Guy Absolutely Nails It…
- We’re Heading Into A Recession And The Machines Are Betting On A Big Market Crash
- Rothschilds took their bank private by paying out all shareholders a 28% bonus to get it done as fast as possible a few weeks before the crisis