“These types of laws make it easier for terrorists and criminals to obtain fraudulent documents and also prevent DHS investigators from accessing important records that help take down child pornography and human trafficking rings and combat everything from terrorism to drug smuggling,” Swift said in the Monday statement.
DHS is so good at crying wolf, that they expect the public to believe that only terrorists, criminals, child pornographers, human traffickers and drug smugglers would seek regular drivers licenses!
Wolf’s interview on Fox & Friends claimed that people possessing regular drivers licenses endanger entire communities and put police officers lives at risk. (See the video above.)
“Officers who are investigating crimes, building cases, and looking at suspects are not going to have the data to do their jobs and make their communities safer.”
New Jersey 101.5, also reported that the Trump Administration claims that regular drivers licenses endangers our communities and puts people at risk.
“The Trump Administration takes the mission of protecting the Homeland very seriously, and unfortunately more than a dozen states have adopted short-sighted policies that endanger our communities and put people at risk,” federal Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Heather Swift said.”
DHS is upset because regular drivers licenses are devoid of biometric information, thus forcing them to get a court order to access an individuals personal information.
“These types of laws make it easier for terrorists and criminals to obtain fraudulent documents and also prevent DHS investigators from accessing important records that help take down child pornography and human trafficking rings and combat everything from terrorism to drug smuggling,” Swift said.
Despite what the feds and law enforcement want you to believe, there is not a mass of criminals, child pornographers, human traffickers and drug smugglers lining up to get regular drivers licenses.
Sue Fulton, the MVC Chief Administrator said “in order to be able to get a standard license, all applicants will be required to present multiple forms of identification as well as utility bills and bank statements to establish proof of residency.”
Which is exactly the way it has always been.
The story about regular drivers licenses is not about illegal immigrants as the Feds would have you believe: it is about our war on people of color and the never-ending war on drugs.
“Communities are over-policed and face incarceration at higher rates, leading to more individuals who lose their important documentation when they are incarcerated. A more accessible driver’s license system, which allows more documents to be used to get a driver’s license, is common-sense,” Sen. Sandra B. Cunninghan said.
For more than 100 years standard drivers licenses were the norm in America. Why should we sit idly by and allow the Feds to create a national ID system using the same tired old excuses about officer and public safety?
Forcing our politicians not to cave into the Feds and DHS is a praiseworthy endeavor and should not be seen as facilitating crime. We the people need to force our government to give us a choice between a regular drivers license and a Real-ID.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The World Is Collapsing Around Us And The Crowd Is No Longer Hedged
- Social Security payments: Millions of SSI recipients to get two checks worth up to $1,652 next month
- Democrats just screwed the whole country…
- Pennsylvania’s Unemployment Is Insolvent & Now Sending Notices To Claimants Who’ve Received Full Benefits To PAY IT ALL BACK.
- Now They Are Literally Bowing Down And Worshipping Baal Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- One Of The Most Tragic Things That I Have Read In A Long Time
- AOC..after only a few years on the squad..Net Worth 29 MILLION
- Recession is here and major liquidity squeeze on-going. US Treasuries expect a Fed pivot and either deep US recession or shortage of collateral. Neither look great for stock markets