RUSH: I want to test your knowledge of civics and the Constitution. Let’s pretend, let’s imagine that there is an impeachment trial in the Senate. And, no, I have not forgotten about Republicans and Democrats and panic stories, they’re coming up. Do you know what happens during a Senate trial? The odds are you don’t. Many of us have only ever seen one. That was the Clinton trial in the late 1990s.
There are some rules that apply for Senate behavior during an impeachment trial. Among those rules are these. If the Senate has an impeachment trial during that time — some say it would be six on eight weeks, it depends on how many articles of impeachment that the House prepares. Each article is a case that a member of the House is assigned. He’s called the House manager, and he would be the prosecutor. He would present the case to the Senate.
There were 12 such articles, I believe, presented against Clinton, if my memory serves. I don’t know how many there would be here. I don’t think this is ever gonna happen, by the way. They’re gonna try to get rid of Trump every which way from Sunday but they can’t do this. Well, I say “can’t.” I mean, they’d have to come up with 20 Republican senators who they know would vote for impeachment. They would have to be lock solid assured of this before starting it. And, you know, Pierre Delecto is out there trying to make that happen, make no mistake about it. Mitt Romney.
So a Senate trial, let’s figure four to six weeks. And when would this start, by the way? This would not start before the end of the year. They can dream about it, but Democrats aren’t even gonna have a vote yet. They’re not even gonna go public. Schiff is talking about maybe having some of this testimony that he’s doing in public after Thanksgiving or sometime in November. The point is, that no member of the Senate can engage in campaigning during a Senate trial. Did you know that?
How many senators are running for president on the Democrat side? They would not be permitted to campaign. You can’t do it. The jury can’t go about their own business, jury can’t do anything involving the case while they’re sitting and hearing it. Same thing for the Senate. Well, let’s go through the names here.
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas