Sussmann will reportedly be tried by a judge with whom he is “professional acquaintances” with.
Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but this is a massive conflict of interest.
Judges have been known to be lenient because the defendant said something nice, or maybe they just ate lunch. It is a common convention for lawyers to attempt to get their clients in front of a judge after lunchtime.
NEW: Judge Christopher Cooper is presiding over the Durham case against Michael Sussmann. Cooper said he was “professional acquaintances” with Sussmann at DOJ in 1990s, and Cooper’s wife represents Lisa Page. No sign that Durham team will push for recusal.
NEW: Judge Christopher Cooper is presiding over the Durham case against Michael Sussmann. Cooper said he was "professional acquaintances" with Sussmann at DOJ in 1990s, and Cooper's wife represents Lisa Page. No sign that Durham team will push for recusal.t.co/6vfu35IcML
— Jerry Dunleavy (@JerryDunleavy) September 22, 2021
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas