This community has been a lifesaver for me, so I’m going to give back in the form of screenshots so you can see exactly what to look for when it comes to the EIDL portal email, the portal itself, and the process once you’re inside.
First, my stats for the EIDL:
- Single-member LLC. Gross of about $93k in 2019.
- Applied 03/30 short form only.
- Application #33-00145XXX.
- Received EIDL Advance on 04/16. Here’s a screenshot of what that looks like in your bank account.
- Called Tier 2 reps a couple times, but was only ever told I was in the “processing” stage. (Tier 2 Phone #: 1-877-641-8202)
- Received the portal email today (05/09/2020).
Ok so first things first, the portal email looks like this.
- The email comes from firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email subject is: SBA Application No. 3300145XXX – Submitted Confirmation
- I use Gmail and it did NOT go to my spam.
- When you create an account, it uses your email address and a 6 digit password (1 capitalized letter, 1 lowercase, 1 number).
- As you can see, there are several stages: Application, Processing, and Funding. Before you do anything, you’re still in the application phase, and you’ll move along through funding once you sign the closing documents.
- I was approved for $44,600. That is slightly less than half of my gross income from my 2019 Schedule C (although this is just my draft, I haven’t filed yet). I have no idea why – I do not have any costs of goods sold. I believe it should have been $46,904, but I also have no idea what I put on my initial loan request. Close enough, I don’t care.
- There are also several steps to complete: Verify Identity, Electronic Disbursement, and Sign Closing Documents.
- There’s also the ability to review and accept the loan amount.
I did not need to do anything for Electronic Disbursement, but I assume that’s to update/edit your bank and routing information. I didn’t want to mess with it, so I just left it alone since it was already marked “completed”.
First, I did the review and accept loan amount, which takes you to this screen.
- There’s the slider bar, where you can choose the amount of your loan, between $1,000 and the max you were approved for.
- Underneath, there are the terms of your loan. Exactly what we’ve been told: 30 years, 3.75% interest rate, no payments due for a year, etc.
- The “accept” button got cut off in my screenshot, but basically once you are good with the loan amount, you hit accept and it takes you back to the previous page.
Next, I needed to verify my identity. That took me to this screen.
- I answered 4 questions, all of which were typical identity verification questions like what streets I’ve lived on, counties I’ve lived in, etc.
After that, back at the main screen there was a button next to the loan amount that said something like “Process Application”. Sorry, forgot to get a screenshot. Now I’m in the “processing stage”.
When I was finished, almost IMMEDIATELY, I got this approval email.
- EDIT: SEE BELOW. An immediate approval may not be the norm.
- Again, it came from email@example.com
- The email subject was: SBA Application No. 3300145XXX – Approved
- Again, it did not go to my spam in Gmail. Oh, and if you notice, the time from the initial email to the approval email was like 18 minutes, and I was taking screenshots. It really only took a couple of minutes to do everything.
- I clicked “View Account” in that email, which took me back to my EIDL portal, but this time I was able to sign closing documents. Previously, the link to sign closing documents wasn’t available.
- It lets you DocuSign them, and the process was almost identical to the PPP one if you’ve done that. It was very easy. Once I read it over and signed everything, I clicked “Finish”. It then had me log back in to my EIDL portal account. You are also able to download/save/print a copy of the closing documents for yourself.
And that’s it for now. I logged back into my account once and it gave me the same screen, so there’s nothing else for me to do but wait. It looks like it’s currently in the funding stage, since the letters for funding are now red and were previously blue. I did not get any kind of confirmation email or anything else. Fingers crossed!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
EDIT: Apparently I may have been auto-approved or something, as it seems that it is NOT normal for people to have approvals that quickly. So if that didn’t happen for you, don’t freak out.
EDIT #2: For those asking, the only thing I’ve ever done is file the initial short form application with the SBA. I haven’t done my 2019 taxes yet, and I did not submit my Schedule C or anything else. Very different from the PPP, where I submitted a ton of things.
And here is a link to the full loan documents: imgur.com/a/E2SThw7