Rep. Chrissy Houlahan (D., Pa.) put forward a measure on Wednesday to require all women over the age of 18 to register for selective service. Houlahan said her policy would best draw on the “talents of our entire nation.” Only one in three women, however, support adding women to the draft, according to an Ipsos poll. Republicans pilloried the legislation. Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R., Mo.), a House Armed Services Committee member, lampooned the prospect that millions of America’s daughters could be put needlessly in the line of fire.
“I feel confident that in an emergency that the women of this country would step up and volunteer as needed,” Hartzler said. “It seems like this is a solution in search of a problem. … We don’t need to draft women in order for women to have equality in this nation.”
Female participation in the military has steadily increased since 2004, rising to 17 percent in 2018. A larger percentage of women in military service Are Commissioned as officers than men. Critics say conscription should focus on fielding the most effective fighting force, rather than gender ideology. Terry Schilling, the president of the American Principles Project, which led a campaign against the measure, told the Washington Free Beacon the decision could have a crippling effect on lawmakers who passed the bill.
- Michael Burry Scatter Chart of the Coming Bank Failures
- We Are in the Eye of the Hurricane – What Happens Next?
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- WSJ: Two Hundred Banks At Risk Of Bankruptcy
- Scientists sound the alarm as plastic waste forms rocks off coast of Brazil
- Cop car decides its had enough. Just runs over a bunch of people standing in its way…
- If Trump Is Arrested Next Week, He Will Win Re-Election in a Landslide
- 6th-grader is sentenced to 1-day-hard-labor for refusing to listen to CNN’s lies and propaganda.
- Stand Up Comedy Clip “Chinese Spy Balloon” by comedian Jim Breuer
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB