A gun-rights organization has accused the federal government, through the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, of running an “illegal gun registry,” specifically a “digital, searchable, centralized registry of guns and gun owners in violation of various federal prohibitions.”
It is Fox News that is reported on work by the Gun Owners of America, which “blasted the AFT” for the “gun registry.”
The accusation came in the GOA’s comments on plans by the federal government to adopt a rule demanding federal firearms licensees to keep purchase records forever.
The GOA said, “In November of 2021, an internal ATF memo leaked by Gun Owners of America revealed that ATF had processed and digitized over 50,000,000 ‘out of business’ records of gun dealers in FY 2021. This report was picked up by major pundits and news outlets, including Fox News’ Tucker Carlson and the Blaze.”
The report said, “ATF has reached a point where it has converted nearly one billion records (required to be kept by FFLs) into a single, centralized, and searchable national gun registry, that is routinely searched by multiple data fields (except, reportedly, by gun owner name).
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Teachers are now ARMED in New Mexico, When asked if students felt safer, ALL students raised their hands. Every. Single. One.
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News