The last empire before the US, the British Empire, had an enormous debt problem and was running a massive welfare/warfare state with very high taxes, rules and regulations.
What did the Bank of England (BOE) do to deal with the high debt and to try to maintain the size of government and the welfare/warfare state? It did very large currency devaluations over a 4 decade period from 1931-1967.
England’s post WW1 economy had high taxes, high inflation and high unemployment. It was “stagflate and tax and lie” before the term “stagflation” to describe high inflation and high unemployment happening simultaneously was even invented.
Commit to tipping us monthly for our hard work creating high level, thought provoking content that includes interviews with top experts, analysis and short videos about investing and the economy www.patreon.com/wallstformainst
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Liz Cheney is gonna get smoked by this woman…
- Democrats don’t want to hear it, but this needed to happen…
- Are You Willing To Suffer Through A Recession For The Good Of “The Liberal World Order”?
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices
- Zelensky Orders NATO to Pay $5 Billion a Month to Cover Costs of Pretending There’s a Chance to Win
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably