As we reported last night, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s effort to pass their effort to federalize elections and do in the filibuster went down in flames. Sen. Joe Manchin (D‑WV) and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D‑AZ) joined the Republicans in voting against killing the filibuster, 52–48.
U.S. Senate FAILS to change filibuster rules, 52–48.
60-vote threshold remains intact. pic.twitter.com/mMB3pzLqZ9
— CSPAN (@cspan) January 20, 2022
The meltdown from people on the left was something to behold. We reported earlier about one especially crazy reaction: one from former Clinton Secretary of Labor Robert Reich, in which he said that Democratic senators should have given Sinema the back of their hands.
But here comes the crazy.
I think Rep. Eric Swalwell (D‑CA) has had the gas go too much to his head.
If the trend over the past 244 years holds, the next 250 years in America will yield 2,000 new senators. Imagine being so selfish that you would side with the voting rights of so few people at the expense of the rights of billions. #VotingRightsNow
— Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) January 20, 2022
This was a common refrain:
Stunning stat: 48 Democrats who supported reforming filibuster to pass voting rights bills represent 34 MILLION more Americans than 52 senators (all Republicans + Sinema/Manchin) who opposed it
— Ari Berman (@AriBerman) January 20, 2022
Stunning that so many on the left don’ …
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Teachers are now ARMED in New Mexico, When asked if students felt safer, ALL students raised their hands. Every. Single. One.
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News