For me it just seems stupid to think the economy is going to keep going up, up, up. I mean, yeah don’t fight it. But…
1) Unemployment is at an all time high.
2) The housing market has a high risk of crashing.
3) Businesses are at risk of soon going bankrupt.
4) This country on the brink of a social movement that will make #5 worse.
5) COVID-19 HAS NOT GONE AWAY!
6) The world is going through the exact same this as U.S.
And yet we think this magical bubble is going to keep going up, up, up. I’m not a financial advisor, but I would at least prepare for a worse case scenario, which I’m sure most of you are.
There's rumblings in markets about rising 10-year Treasury yield (white), which is dragging up real yields (yellow), reducing accommodation to the economy. With its rapid reduction in Treasury buying, the Fed has sent mixed messages on this. This is no time for mixed messages… pic.twitter.com/lXulA5qWvV
— Robin Brooks (@RobinBrooksIIF) June 4, 2020
It doesn't even matter anymore pic.twitter.com/EJ7MzvcIqm
— Stalingrad & Poorski (@Stalingrad_Poor) June 4, 2020
It is deeply uncomfortable to watch Wall Street party while Main Street emerges from lockdown into tear gas, but the market isn’t taking a moral position t.co/vZJ9CX1xwE
— Jason Zweig (@jasonzweigwsj) June 4, 2020