Sharing is Caring!
- The market sprung 2% following the midterm elections with the VIX deeply dropping off
- Healthcare stocks may benefit with Democrats in control of the House and Medicaid expanding in Idaho, Nebraska, and Utah
- The 10-year treasury yield is back up near multiyear highs
- New mortgage applications have continued their downward spiral
- Expect a pullback this morning, futures are down ahead of the Feds latest policy announcement at 2PM today
- Support for marijuana legalization continues to trend upward with over half of Republicans now in favor, up from a third just 4 years ago. Nearly 80% of Democrats support it, up from two thirds 4 years ago.
READ This financially engineered market is brought to you by Federal Reserve - helping the rich and elites put serfs out of homes since 1913.
- Robyn Denholm replaced Elon Musk as Chairman of Tesla
- The sell-off in oil continues and the US stockpile of oil is on the rise again
- Industrial production in Germany improved slightly (Actual 0.8% | Expected 0.5%)
- The European Commision released forecasts for the eurozone in 2019
- Growth is predicted to slow from 2.1% to 1.9%
- Q3 GDP growth was at its slowest rate since 2014
- Exports were a pleasant surprise (Actual 15.6% Expected 11.7%)
- Probably because companies were rushing to ship orders before tariffs hit
- But a cheaper yuan and diverse trading partners outside of the US also helped