What does that even mean?
IBM CEO Arvind Krishna called on Congress Monday to enact reforms to advance racial justice and combat systemic racism while announcing the company was getting out of the facial recognition business.
The decision for IBM to get out of the facial recognition business comes amid criticism of the technology, employed by multiple companies, for exhibiting racial and gender bias. Amazon’s own use of facial recognition was put to a shareholder vote last year, with 2.4 percent of shareholders voting in favor of banning the sale of the technology to government agencies amid privacy and civil rights concerns
“IBM firmly opposes and will not condone uses of any technology, including facial recognition technology offered by other vendors, for mass surveillance, racial profiling, violations of basic human rights and freedoms, or any purpose which is not consistent with our values and Principles of Trust and Transparency,” Krishna wrote in the letter delivered to members of Congress late Monday.
“We believe now is the time to begin a national dialogue on whether and how facial recognition technology should be employed by domestic law enforcement agencies.”
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- Democrats just screwed the whole country…
- If this kind of thing can happen in Duluth it can happen anywhere.
- A sea of red. Images show latest insider transactions. All either sales or option exercises. Not a single buy from insiders.
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- Hedge funds are betting against bonds and stocks, net insider selling is higher than it’s been since January. Blackrock CEO selling shares like they are pennies. The 08 parallels are freaky
- Jim Quinn: ‘The average American is getting screwed harder than a monkeypox spreader at a San Francisco orgy’
- Green Energy – The Greatest Deception In Modern History
- Social Security payments: Millions of SSI recipients to get two checks worth up to $1,652 next month
- It is a totalitarian system: The FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago and trying to criminalize opposition to the regime. NEVER in the history of the United States has the FBI ever carried out such a raid.