Since before the 2020 election, President Joe Biden and others have attempted to draw comparisons between his administration and that of Franklin Delano Roosevelt — but the reality is shaping up to look a lot more like former President Jimmy Carter’s tenure in office.
Biden fostered that comparison as he made one of his last campaign stops in Warm Springs, Georgia, where FDR chose to convalesce after contracting polio. “This place, Warm Springs, is a reminder that though broken, each of us can be healed. That as a people and a country, we can overcome a devastating virus. That we can heal a suffering world. That yes, we can restore our soul and save our country,” he said at the time.
CNN senior political analyst David Gergen argued at the end of Biden’s first 100 days that the president was not the next FDR — but that he shared important similarities such as avoiding the “tendency to make big policy mistakes at the very moment when their team is least prepared” and the “inner strength” stemming from personal loss.
However, Biden’s policy decisions, and their effects on the American people, have likened him more to Carter than Roosevelt.
When it comes to energy, a chief issue of Carter’s presidency, Biden has already overseen a sea change that harmed the industry. The president’s day one hatchet job on the planned Keystone XL Pipeline left thousands reeling as their jobs evaporated at the stroke of a pen. When the Biden administration also put forth a plan to freeze drilling permits on federal land for at least the first year of his term, American energy independence seemed to slip away.
WELCOME BACK, CARTER: Inflation & Crime Spike Under Weak Democratic President: 1970s Redux.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically