The headlines scream “850,000 jobs added.” The Federal Reserve Open Market Committee (FOMC) members are probably saying “Oh no! We might have to raise rates and cut asset purchases!!!”
Despite the 850,000 jobs added in June, there are so not so great aspects to the jobs report. Like Labor Force Participation remains the same in June as it was in May … and remains considerably lower than pre-Covid crash figures.
The unemployment rate actually increased to 5.9% in June. Average hourly earnings MoM fell while YoY it rose.
The UNDERemployment rate fell to 9.8%. But that is only back to mid-Obama levels and considerably below pre-Covid levels.
More than half of all job gains were bartenders and teachers.
On the interest rate and Fed taper front, (Dow Jones) — Good day. Count Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia President Patrick Harker among the Fed officials who think it would be a good idea for the U.S. central bank to start paring its $120 billion a month in bond buying stimulus. “I would like to see tapering begin,” he told The Wall Street Journal in an interview. “I’d like to see it happen sooner rather than later.” Meanwhile, Sen. Patrick Toomey (R., Pa.) says the Atlanta, Boston, Minneapolis and San Francisco Fed banks are ignoring his requests for information about their work on racial economic justice and climate issues, in a dispute highlighting the limits of congressional oversight over the regional institutions.
So what will the FOMC do with these good news / bad news labor reports?
The Federal Reserve and President Biden are Barkeeper’s Friend.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically