President Joe Biden gifted British Prime Minister Boris Johnson a new, $6,000, custom-made touring bicycle and helmet at their first meeting on Thursday.
As part of the customary exchange, Johnson gave Biden a free-to-use Wikipedia photo of a British mural depicting Black 19th century abolitionist Frederick Douglass in return.
The two leaders met for the first time this week in Cornwall, England ahead of this weekend’s G7 summit. The summit also marks Biden’s first international trip since taking office.
British government officials decided on the photo after spotting it on Douglass’ Wikipedia page, according to a report from The Times of London. Johnson’s gift is reportedly a nod to the Black Lives Matter movement that has advocated for racial justice in both nations.
- The Fed Tries and Fails to Hide This Brutal Reality
- PayPal goes full 1984 in November…
- India Banks SHUTDOWN For 20 Days
- There are so many market indicators that we are heading towards a major financial crisis
- Federal Reserve and Government in the Sunshine Meeting Notice Alert! Advanced Notice of a Meeting under Expedited Procedures for a Closed Board Meeting on October 3, 2022
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- Banks are over leveraged by 2 quadrillion… The calm before the storm
- Putin is “The New Hitler” as Nuclear War With Russia Becoming Increasingly Probable
- Cool explanation on how Germany f***** itself.