Louisiana Republican U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy said President Joe Biden has put a target on the oil and gas industry that could destroy thousands of jobs and create a recession both at home and in America.
Last week Biden enacted a 60-day ban on new oil and gas drilling permits and leases for federal lands and waters, including the Gulf of Mexico where about 17% of the nation’s crude is produced. He also halted a permit for construction of the Keystone XL pipeline that would run from Canada to Texas.
There are reports the Biden administration on Wednesday will announce an extension on the drilling moratorium to at least a year.
“The president has put a target on energy jobs,” Cassidy said Tuesday in a conference call with reporters. “We know from the (moratorium following the BP oil spill) that putting a hold on new leases totally disrupts job creation.
“It’s callous and destructive. That’s going to affect a lot of employment in Louisiana.”
- We are Witnessing the Tide Turning on the Covid Vax Narrative
- Probably doesn’t understand the weight of her words.. “Germany declares war on Russia”
- Reuters Fact-Checkers Lie About Vax Regret Article
- The Coming Great Global Default
- This is the #1 Reason the Fed Will Be Forced to Crash the Markets Soon
- THE END OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- Here We Go Again – Altering the Formula for CPI
- Russia Readies Its “Poseidon” Doomsday Weapon As The World Stumbles To The Brink Of Nuclear Conflict
- Something odd is happening when you Google Search for “Pfizer Project Veritas”
- People Blame Bill Gates for Egg Shortage as Authorities Fight Egg Smugglers