JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said that the multinational investment bank has started to prepare for a “potentially catastrophic” situation in which the United States could default on the national debt.
Dimon said in a Tuesday interview with Reuters that while the country’s largest lender has previously planned for such a scenario, and “every single time this comes up, it gets fixed,” he argued that the country “should never even get this close.”
“I just think this whole thing is mistaken and one day we should just have a bipartisan bill and get rid of the debt ceiling,” he added. “It’s all politics.”
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas