As of Mon. Jan. 14th, 2019, the U.S. Government has now officially reached its 24th day of shutdown and going into the 4th week — the longest in recorded U.S. history. Ever since the shutdown commenced as of the evening of Sat. Dec. 22nd, 2018, more reports suggest that the government shutdown could continue for the coming months. Here are some of the long-term effects, IF the shutdown prolongs:
Federal workers remain furloughed, as the closure impacts a slew of agencies, including the departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Justice, Homeland Security, Interior, State, Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development. This means that the shutdown directly affects the families of around 800,000 federal employees who are either working without pay or are forced to stay home on furlough.
This also results in longer lines at airports, fewer “food safety inspections” that could lead to potential “food poisoning,” trash build-up in national parks, and more lingering effects:
– Tens of thousands of employees who are working without pay in law enforcement departments including the FBI, Customs and Border Protection, and the Secret Service
– Air pilots unions have also warned that air traffic controllers are working without pay and could be detrimental, according to the Air Line Pilots Association International (ALPA)
– Rental assistance from the Department of Housing and Urban Development can’t go out, which could risk thousands of evictions
– IF the shutdown lasts beyond Feb. 2019, approximately 40 MILLION people will no longer be able to receive their EBT/SNAP food stamp benefits;
– Also including other aid programs geared toward child nutrition — including school lunch and breakfast programs
– Funding for many Native American tribes has been cut off, including for the Indian Health Service… This will affect health clinics, food pantries, and road maintenance on Native American reserves
– U.S. Forest Service is unable to prepare for the upcoming fire season
– Many national parks are now closed — meaning trash can overflow
– National monuments such as the Gateway Arch and National Zoo are now closed
– Immigration courts are now closed
– E-Verify services are unavailable, along with some government websites no longer updating
– Mortgage deals could be in limbo, affecting the real estate market
– While tax returns will still be issued, they could be DELAYED!
– While social security, medicaid, and other identical benefits are currently not affected by the shutdown, all of this can CHANGE!
Again, this is what they’re TELLING us — we know there is much much more being done behind closed doors!!
However, The Question Still Remains: What Is All Of This REALLY Leading Up To?!?!
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 508 views