- Merkel’s spokesman said freedom opinion is fundamental right of ‘elementary significance’ after the US president was permanently banned from Twitter
- Added social platforms should not let politics be ‘poisoned by hatred and lies’
- Twitter cited a ‘risk of further incitement of violence’ in reason for the ban
- On Monday, Twitter competitor Parler was also taken down by Amazon
Trump was permanently booted off the platform on Friday because of the ‘risk of further incitement of violence’ after his supporters stormed the US Capitol while Congress was certifying his election defeat.
Merkel – a longstanding critic of Trump – said she was ‘furious and saddened’ by the rampage, but her spokesman Steffen Seibert said today that ‘the chancellor considers it problematic that the accounts of the US president have been permanently blocked’.
‘The fundamental right to freedom of opinion is a fundamental right of elementary importance,’ he said.
‘This fundamental right can be interfered with, but through the law and within the framework defined by the legislature, not according to the decision of the management of social media platforms.’
While tech giants were right not to ‘stand back’ and were justified in red-flagging Trump’s tweets, banning his account altogether was a step too far, he said.
He added that social media bosses ‘bear great responsibility for political communication not being poisoned by hatred, by lies and by incitement to violence’.
- Elon Musk: “It is a serious concern -> The damage done to the credibility of AI by ChatGPT engineers building in political bias is irreparable
- New Zealand Reddit Users Can’t Figure Out Why They Keep Getting More Sick and For Longer: “this time the phlegm is so bad it’s difficult to breathe…
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- We Just Witnessed An Economic Sign That Hasn’t Happened Since The Peak Of The Great Depression In 1932
- We Are About To See The Biggest Escalation Of The War In Ukraine So Far
- New York Times Claims That Lockdowns Never Happened
- Israel is forming a military coalition to attack Iran (USA and France are already in)
- Food Shortages Are Starting To Become Quite Serious All Over The Planet
- 82% miss! AMAZON
- CDC Now Admits There Are Severe & Long-Lasting Side Effects From Covid Vaccines