LANSING, Mich.—The Michigan House of Representatives on July 21 voted in favor of repealing the Emergency Powers Act used by the governor to implement COVID-19 restrictions. The vote follows the approval of the repeal by the state Senate last week and means the law is officially off the books.
The House voted 60-48 to repeal the law. The Michigan Senate voted 20-15 to repeal on July 15, two days after the state Board of Canvassers certified that Unlock Michigan, a coalition of state residents, had obtained more than the required 340,000 valid signatures to put a repeal proposition before the voters at the next general election.
The legislature’s action to repeal rendered a vote of the people unnecessary. Under Michigan law, if both chambers of the legislature approve a measure put before them by a citizens’ initiative, the governor has no power to veto it and a referendum vote is no longer needed.
As the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus pandemic began to ravage Michigan in the early spring of 2020, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer invoked the 1945 Emergency Powers Act to impose severe and prolonged orders that all but shut down the state’s economy and locked down its residents, businesses, schools, and churches in an effort to “stop the spread” of the disease.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically