Three Brooklyn men were arrested and accused of stealing more than $30 million in cash and other valuables from safe deposit boxes in banks across Europe, federal authorities said.
A grand jury indictment charged Val Cooper, 56, Alex Levin, 52, and Garri Smith, 49, with money laundering conspiracy and violations of the Travel Act after a string of alleged thefts between March 2015 and October 2019 at banks in Ukraine, Russia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Latvia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and France.
The men “targeted foreign banks that appeared to lack certain security features, including video surveillance cameras in certain areas,” according to the indictment.
They opened accounts in those branches to get into safe deposit box rooms where they “used sophisticated camera equipment, including borescope, to photograph the insides of the locks of the other individuals’ safe deposit boxes,” the court document said.
That allowed Smith to enter the safe deposit box rooms, use “the duplicate keys to open” boxes and steal “their contents, including currency, gold bars, jewelry and other property,” according to the indictment.
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche forecasts total chaos within 2 months.
- Tucker Carlson: This Is a Manufactured Disaster
- Satan Responds To Roe v. Wade Defeat
- People Starving In Europe, Food Riots In Asia And Police Are Shooting
- If We Keep Escalating This Conflict, The End Result Will Be A Nuclear Cataclysm
- DR BLOWS WHISTLE ON CHEMICAL THERAPY – Chemotherapy is INEFFECTIVE 97% of the time.
- Things are going down in the Netherlands.
- Sounds Like the Conservative SCOTUS Members are Trying to Cause Leftists Around the Country to Stroke Out
- Master of Reality Fauci Suffers “Much Worse” Coronavirus “Rebound” After Pfizer Pills