New York State will make random checks on people to enforce a 14-day quarantine on travelers coming from states that are infection hot spots for the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday.
Asked how New York would enforce the mandate, Cuomo said tracers will follow up randomly to ensure visitors are meeting requirements.
“You fly into New York, we’ll have your name, we’ll know where you’re supposed to be staying. There’ll be random checks,” Cuomo said. “You get pulled over by a police officer and he looks at where your residence [is] and says how long have you been here? You get sick and you go to a hospital from out of state and you test positive and you’re within the 14 days, you’ve violated the law. You’re going to have a problem.”
Cuomo said inspectors will be “looking randomly at names on the list” and following up to make sure visitors are quarantined. If they are not, they will be fined, he said.
Violators can face fines of $2,000 for the first offense, $5,000 for the second offense, and $10,000 if they “cause harm,” Cuomo said Wednesday, when the quarantine was announced. They could be subjected to a judicial order and mandatory quarantine, and be required to pay the cost of the quarantine.
- Here Is Why 37 Percent Of U.S. Farmers In The Western Half Of The Country Are Killing Their Own Crops
- IT’S HAPPENING! MULTIPLE COVID19 LAWSUITS AND WINS.
- Fully Vaccinated Mike Tyson, says he was beaten into submission taking covid vaccine says he’s about to die now in wheelchair
- The Curious Case of Adam Bies Who Was Arrested for Threatening the FEDs After Posting on GAB
- Crime is exploding everywhere. Fake solutions abound
- AN AUTUMN WITH EPIC COLLAPSES OF STOCKS, DEBT, CURRENCIES, MUCH HIGHER INFLATION – LEADING TO POVERTY & SOCIAL UNREST
- The Chinese economy is experiencing a near-complete collapse…
- Pfizer is Funding Facebooks Fact-Checking Partner.
- Too Little, Too Late, Countless People Already Died a Horrible Death!
- Video: Women Tie Themselves in Knots While Attempting to Define “Woman”