CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) – Ohio and 23 other states filed a brief urging the United States Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade because the Court is unable to explain the constitutional source of a right to abortion,
The brief was filed in a challenge to Mississippi law that bans most abortions after 15 weeks.
The below press release was issued by the Ohio Attorney General’s Office:
Hawley, Cruz, Lee Call for Supreme Court to Overturn Roe v. Wade
Republican Sens. Josh Hawley of Missouri, Mike Lee of Utah, and Ted Cruz of Texas filed the brief in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which the court is scheduled to hear beginning in October, calling on the court to revisit its rulings in Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey.
“This status quo is untenable,” the senators wrote. “Where a legal doctrine has repeatedly failed to offer clarity—where it has proved unworkable in the past and will likely engender unpredictable consequences in the future—its existence constitutes an open invitation to judges to interpret it according to their own policy preferences, usurping the constitutional prerogatives of the legislature.”
“Roe and Casey should be overruled,” they continue, “and the question of abortion legislation should be returned to the states.”
More than 300 lawmakers ask Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade
A University of Michigan Law school graduate is set to submit an amicus brief to the U.S. Supreme Court arguing abortion is a states’ rights issue.
A coalition of approximately 22 pro-life groups and several legislators collected signatures from more than 300 lawmakers in 35 states in support of the brief, ranging from Michigan state Rep. Steve Carra (R-Three Rivers) to Arkansas state Sen. Scott Flippo (R-Bull Shoals).
“We’re hoping to accomplish protecting life within our respective states as best as possible,” UM graduate Jacob Weaver told The Center Square. “Roe v. Wade was abundantly unconstitutional. It’s now clear that it’s life in the womb, not potential life.”
- America’s Future is Not So Bleak as You May Be Inclined to Believe
- The Great Currency Crisis of Our Lifetimes Is Starting Now
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- The Truth About the Criminal Sabotage of the Nordstream 1 and 2 Pipelines
- Fired up and blasting the NWO: Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni sums it up perfectly. No wonder the elites and establishment don’t want her to succeed.
- Drunk driving could soon be impossible thanks to new, mandated intrusive computer chips in cars
- The USDA Wants You To Register Your Garden
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alleged Neo-Nazi Kills 15 Including 11 Children in School Shooting
- Credit Crunch Has Arrived To The UK – No One Wants To Invest In A Collapsing Economy!