by Simon Black of Sovereign Man
Here’s a roll-up of some of the most ridiculous stories from around the world that are threats to your liberty, risks to your prosperity… and on occasion, inspiring poetic justice.
Bank CEO: Inflation and Energy Shortages are “Worth It”
Kjerstin Braathen, CEO of Norway’s largest financial services group, spoke on a panel at the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) meeting in Davos, Switzerland.
Speaking about how the global transition to clean energy would affect small and medium-sized businesses, Braathen said:
“There will be some pain in the process. The pace that we need will open up for missteps. It will open up for shortages of energy, it will create inflationary pressures. And maybe we need to start talking about that, that that pain is actually worth it.”
Do you hear that, fellow peasants? A material decline in your standard of living—freezing, starvation, the inability to travel—is “worth it” to the wealthy elite who run the World Economic Forum.
So shut up and eat your weeds and bugs.
New Zealand Hands Out More Cash to Fight Inflation…
In this year’s budget, the government of New Zealand notes that inflation is causing hardships for families struggling to afford more expensive food and fuel.
The budget says that “further targeted support is needed to help with the cost of living, without unnecessarily exacerbating inflation.”
To make sure inflation doesn’t become worse, the government is going to flood the economy with more “free” taxpayer money…
They will send “a cost of living payment of $350… to individuals who earned less than $70,000 per annum in the past tax year.”
Surely this won’t make the problem worse…
Wells Fargo’s ‘Diversity Hire’ Interviews are a Sham
According to seven current and former employees at Wells Fargo, the company’s diversity hiring policies are a sham.
The employees claim that they were instructed to interview diverse candidates, such as women and racial minorities, for jobs which had already been filled.
They claim the interviews were only to show on paper that Wells Fargo was following its own policy to interview women and minorities for every job opening which pays over $100,000 per year.
But in reality, the company was just wasting the candidates’ time in an effort to appear more inclusive and woke.
Who would have thought that a bank known for scamming customers and downright fraud would pull such a move.
- With Heroes Like This, Who Needs Putin?
- “Blaming the Victim” has Never Known Such a Vivid Example
- Arizona’s next Gov DESTROYS CNN – Kari Lake
- THERE’S A FINANCIAL HURRICANE COMING RIGHT FOR US BRACE YOURSELVES
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- A Warning About The Coming Shortages Of Diesel Fuel, Diesel Exhaust Fluid And Diesel Engine Oil
- Armstrong: Prepare for WWIII: The West NEEDS war because the entire financial system is collapsing
- The Supreme Court Just Did Something That Has Many Speculating That The Decision To Overturn Roe v. Wade Will Be Released On Friday
- This is an inflationary recession, the worst in 100 years.
- Alleged President Biden Announces New Pandemic Right before Midterms