Conservatives ripped former President Barack Obama after he asked Americans to honor George Floyd while balancing grief for the victims of a Texas school shooting.
Wednesday marked the second anniversary of the day Floyd died while in the custody of the Minneapolis Police Department. His Memorial Day 2020 murder sparked nationwide protests and civil unrest.
Two years after Floyd died, and one day after nineteen children and two teachers were massacred at an elementary school in Uvalde, Obama tweeted Americans should remember both events.
“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer,” the former president wrote. “His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.”
As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer. His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 25, 2022
- TERMINATORS: Killer robots join Ukraine’s line of defense against Russian troops
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Whoa! More negative wealth effects coming down the pipe…big recession ahead
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Percent change in home sales in total (YoY) and percent change in sales by home price level
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- The Biggest Temper Tantrum In U.S. History Has Begun
- The collapse in consumer sentiment is definitive proof that social mood is rolling over. Hard. So far, the declines in stocks have been bought ALL the way down. Each rally has been shorter than the last.
- New Data Shows Massive Drop in Birth Rates After Covid 19 Vax Campaign
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…