by Dr. Eowyn
Last weekend, 11 people were killed and nearly 70 people were wounded in shootings in Chiraq. Police blamed the heat, the flow of illegal guns and gangs. And last Friday, a 12-year-old girl was one of five shot (Update: A total 20 people were shot on Friday).
After the deadly violence, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said at a press conference that residents need to “step up.”
“All of us know that this is not Chicago, what we saw,” Emanuel told reporters. All of us who love the city and call it home have the responsibility to deal our neighborhoods.”
The police superintendent Eddie Johnson said that there is a lack of accountability in the communities plagued by violence. “CPD is only as good as the faith the community has in it,” he said. “Every socitial ill simply can’t be placed at the doorstep and expect police to fix that. It’s not about what the police department can do, it’s about what you should do.”
So what is the organization, Women’s March Chicago, doing to help promote their mission that “women deserve to live full and healthy lives, free of all forms of violence against our bodies?”
They’ve organized a “march to the polls!” From their Instagram post:
“After over a year of fighting to counter assaults on the integrity of our democracy, the women of the resistance and their allies are once again taking to the streets—this time focusing on getting out the vote, and getting it out early. MARCH ON is proud to announce the launch of Women’s March Chicago’s March To The Polls on October 13, 2018. This rally and literal march on the polls will celebrate and encourage voting while encouraging a community atmosphere around voting and the democratic process. “We know that hundreds of thousands of women and their allies are excited and energized to vote this fall, and the October march will enable us to come together and harness this energy and excitement and turn it into action,” said Jaquie Algee, Women’s March Chicago Board member and March On Board President.
Too bad this group that wants to empower women can’t harness their energy to help end the violence that residents in their community face every day they walk out their front door.
But they do want you to “step up” and donate $10.13 to help create an amazing experience for the “march to the polls!”
- This Is The Real Reason Why They Raided Mar-a-Lago
- Congressional Republicans, Like Democrats, Want Trump Out Of The Picture Because They Are Both Bought And Paid For By The Same Tribe
- The U.S. Government: The Information Is Classified as Above Top Secret, We Can’t Name the Agencies Involved
- This Is How Globo Homo Works
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Are We Witnessing The Collapse Of America’s System Of Government?
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The Government Is Hiding a Serious Economic Secret
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Fed-created wild drooling “investors” have learned nothing & huge comeuppance is ahead. The version 2.0 of The Big Short begins…