Since we here are focused on equity performance and are (mostly) hoping the value of our investments rise, I’d like to remind everyone that the Federal Reserve had multiple members actively trading equities while formulating extremely bullish policies in March 2020-September 2021.
Kaplan and Rosengren sold their individual stocks in September 2021. Some ETF holdings were also barred later in October 2021. QE taper was announced in late September 2021. From that point forward, equities have fallen roughly 20% on a market-weighted basis.
Coincidences are sometimes just that. And yet, when the people who formulate monetary policy are actively trading individual stocks… right before selling near the top of the market… you begin to lose faith. I’d personally wait to buy back in fully until the next Federal Reserve board financial disclosure report shows the members buying en masse again.
- TERMINATORS: Killer robots join Ukraine’s line of defense against Russian troops
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Whoa! More negative wealth effects coming down the pipe…big recession ahead
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Percent change in home sales in total (YoY) and percent change in sales by home price level
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- The Biggest Temper Tantrum In U.S. History Has Begun
- The collapse in consumer sentiment is definitive proof that social mood is rolling over. Hard. So far, the declines in stocks have been bought ALL the way down. Each rally has been shorter than the last.
- New Data Shows Massive Drop in Birth Rates After Covid 19 Vax Campaign
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…