The party has subsequently deleted the tweet and said it was quoting someone else, though lawyers say they can still be held accountable.
A tweet on the ANC’s parliamentary Twitter account shocked many on Thursday when it appeared to call all white people murderers.
The tweet, which has subsequently been deleted, read: “The biggest mistake we are making is to consult murderers. White people are 9% of the population, they own 79% of land. They never came and consulted us for the land. If they want us to forgive them now, then let us share the land, the mineral resources.”
It was not in quotation marks, so when it was read out of context it came as a bombshell to many, who assumed that this was the view of the ANC itself.
The party then told its critics that it had merely been quoting the remarks of one of the members of the public who had come to parliament’s constitutional review committee’s public hearing on the review of section 25 of the constitution that was being held in the town of Beaufort West in the Western Cape.
139 S Africa Farms May Be Taken From White Owners Without Compensation – Reports
Right now, the South African government, led by President Cyril Ramaphosa from the ruling African National Congress (ANC), is looking into constitutional reforms that would let the country expropriate land from white farmers and hand it to black owners without compensation.
South Africa’s ruling African National Congress (ANC) has targeted 139 farms that they plan to expropriate without compensation in the coming weeks, in line with section 25 of the country’s Constitution, according to the website News 24.
It cited Zizi Kodwa, a member of the ANC’s national executive committee (NEC), as saying that the move should be “appreciated” by domestic and international investors, given that “long-term investment is tied [to] ownership of land by the majority of people.”
South Africa on brink of ‘ANARCHY’ as president demands white farmers’ land is SEIZED
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa recently announced plans to allow white people’s land to be taken without compensation, which will then be distributed to black people in a move that he believes will be good for the economy.
The president made the announcement late on Tuesday in a televised address to the nation.
The farmers have claimed that the government’s plan will be “catastrophic and could lead to anarchy and food shortages like Venezuela or Zimbabwe”.
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Canada: Housing prices are collapsing and jobless increases. 1/6 homeowners in Canada own 4 or more properties.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- It is a totalitarian system: The FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago and trying to criminalize opposition to the regime. NEVER in the history of the United States has the FBI ever carried out such a raid.
- Asian television: ‘More people are dying from the Vaccine than from Covid’…
- Brazilian Police Officer reminds unruly citizen this ain’t America
- How “Big Woke” Destroyed the Film Industry
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- An Attempt To Summarize The Current State Of Our Country In Just 12 Tweets
- Next leg lower will wipe out what’s left of the remaining hopefools