* 50,000 people were told to leave their homes in San Jose after Coyote Creek burst its banks on Tuesday
* 14,000 residents are subject to a mandatory order while the rest have been given an advisory to leave
* Fire fighters woke residents in the middle of the night by banging on their doors to tell them to leave
* Some were rescued from their drowning homes in dinghies to be taken out of the danger zone
* Coyote Creek runs through Silicon Valley from the San Francisco Bay and rose to 13.6ft on Tuesday
* The floods are the latest in a string of emergency situations triggered by severe winter weather in California
Engineers have been battling the punishing weather to try to fix the crumbling spillways which nearly gave way to the lake for days.
San Jose’s state of emergency was brought on suddenly late on Tuesday night. Water agencies have admitted they did not expect so much water to move downstream on Coyote Creek so quickly.
‘The water was much higher than anybody expected. The creek spilled over the banks faster and higher than anybody expected,’
San Jose flood: Map showing who can return home, and who can’t:
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The World Is Collapsing Around Us And The Crowd Is No Longer Hedged
- One Of The Most Tragic Things That I Have Read In A Long Time
- China Now has More Fortune 500 Companies Than Any Other Country
- Alex Jones Gets Off Easy From Sandy Hook Trial
- Now They Are Literally Bowing Down And Worshipping Baal Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- Alex Jones’ Crucifixion is Not About Sandy Hook
- The FED Hiking Interest Rates Into Oblivion Will Have No Effect on Inflation
- More people are working than at any point in American history, and it’s the result of my economic plan to build the economy from the bottom up and middle out.